Summer Mission Trip Announced
Chapel Rock and Clayton Christian Churches will send a joint mission team to Journey Christian Church in Fairbanks, Alaska to encourage and work beside the people of Journey as they finish their Worship Center. We will work on the building and grounds to help the church minister to their community.
The ability to handle tools is helpful, but not required as there are a variety of tasks to be completed. The dates of the trip are July 22 – 29, 2017. The cost is about $1,200 per person (approximately $1,000 airfare and $200 for food and supplies). Each participant will need to raise their own funds.
This is a great trip for those who have been on prior mission trips and for others who want to have their first mission trip experience. Journey C.C. is pastored by Derek Dickinson, a 'Timothy' of Chapel Rock.
If you have questions or are interested in participating, please contact Ned Phillips at 317.409.6739 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Chapel Rock's primary purpose in missions is to evangelize the lost starting with the immediate community and extending to the ends of the earth. Through numerous missionaries and mission organizations, Chapel Rock ministers to people around the world. And, through many community outreach ministries Chapel Rock ministers to the whole person and to anyone willing to hear the gospel taught. Missions ministry serves the congregation by offering resources and experiences to enhance missions in the church.
- To share Christ's heart for the world (Matthew 9:36-38)
- To see men, women, and children saved and brought to knowledge of God (John 3:16, Romans 10:13-15)
- To minister to the whole person within the scope of world evangelism
- To educate and inspire the congregation in the field of world missions
- To support, encourage, and evaluate all missionaries, and to communicate with them as to their physical and spiritual needs, both on a monthly and long-term basis