Celebration of Sharing is Chapel Rock's way of expressing our vision of seeing "The Whole Community be Whole in Christ" to families during the holidays. Through Celebration of Sharing, we can share the love of Christ with our special November 21st offering that makes it possible to distribute Christmas Dinner in a Bag and support families in need. Celebration of Sharing allows us show people that they matter to God and to us.
Below you will find information on how to serve, give, and support our community during the holiday season.
• Celebration of Sharing referral forms will become available at the Information Center
• Operation Christmas Child Packing Party
• Share a Meal bags and menus distributed
• Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Parade
• Operation Christmas Child Community Collection Center is open in the Lobby
• Special Celebration of Sharing Offering is received (Give online at chapelrock.org/give)
• Deadline for Celebration of Sharing referral forms to be returned
• Deadline for Share a Meal food donations
November 29-December 3
• Volunteers needed to assist in repackaging donated food for Share a Meal
• Distribution dates for Celebration of Sharing and Share a Meal food bags
On Sunday, November 21, we will take a special offering to help families in our church and community who are going through difficult times have gifts for Christmas. Through your generosity in 2020, we were able to assist over 50 families!
If you know of someone who attends Chapel Rock or anyone else on the westside of Indianapolis who is in need of assistance this Christmas season, pick up a Celebration of Sharing referral form at the Information Center in the Foyer beginning Sunday, November 1.
It is not necessary for the people you refer to attend Chapel Rock; however, to receive assistance, people must be referred by a member or regularly attends Chapel Rock. You may refer a maximum of 2 households.
All completed referral forms should be returned to the Chapel Rock office or placed in the black box at the Information Center no later than Sunday, November 21 to be considered for assistance.
In addition to the gift cards Chapel Rock provides to the households needing assistance, we also provide each family with bags of groceries to enable them to enjoy a Christmas Dinner.
Very simply, we provide the suggested dinner menu items, you shop and bring in as many of the items as you can, and then the families receive an entire Christmas meal. The empty bags will be distributed on Sunday, November 14, and they are due back no later than Sunday, November 28.
Place your donated items/bags at the ‘Drop Zone’ in the Foyer.
The items being requested this year are:
• Large box of instant potatoes
• Gravy mix (jar or packets)
• Green beans (2 small cans or 1 large)
• Corn (2 small cans or 1 large)
• Cranberry sauce
• Muffin Mix (Jiffy or Martha White)
• Brownie mix
• Christmas candy / cookies
If you would like to volunteer to assist with the food re-packaging on November 29-December 3, please call the
Chapel Rock office at 317-247-9739.
Write a letter of encouragement to essential workers or shut-ins in your community.
Pick up groceries for elderly in your neighborhood/community.
Use NextDoor app/Zoom calls to check in on the people around you.
Observe and Serve. This is a great way to show someone they matter to God and to you!