The purpose of the Chapel Rock Christian Church Marriage Ministry is to:
- prepare engaged couples for a life-long, God-glorifying marriage;
- to assist in the preparation of the wedding ceremony; and
- to provide resources after the wedding to help the couple maintain and enrich their marital relationships.
Because we are committed to build strong marriages, we want to share three of our policies upfront. Our purpose is not to condemn or reject anyone, but to comply with God’s principles for marriage. The spiritual leaders of Chapel Rock, and the board of Elders, have established the following policies which must be adhered to by the couple.
1. The bride or groom must be a member or regular attendee of Chapel Rock Christian Church.
2. Because we have an expectation of marital preparation, couples who desire to be married at Chapel Rock are to participate in pre-marital counseling sessions conducted by a member of our pastoral staff.
3. Couples must remain celibate and not live together at any time prior to the wedding ceremony. The staff pastors of Chapel Rock will not perform the ceremony if the couple is living at the same address.
If you are contemplating a wedding at Chapel Rock and meet the criteria above, you can obtain a copy of the Wedding Handbook and Guidelines by clicking here.